Monday, May 16, 2011

I’m just very neat, okay?

I have been accused on multiple occasions of having OCD and always in a good-natured haha-you’re-so-funny-but-seriously-have-you-been-checked kind of way.  I don’t really think I do, but I definitely like to have things neat and orderly.  I love to read and my books (I have ~370) are organized by genre then alphabetical by author’s last name then title, unless it’s in a series then it’s in series order.  And they are all logged in a spreadsheet.  Ones that I haven’t read yet are highlighted and ones that I started but never finished are highlighted a different color (I like to buy random books I think look good, sometimes I’m wrong). 

My DVDs are not organized at all for the sole purpose of not being organized at all. (I caught a lot of crap about the books, okay?)  I don’t have very many DVDs so it’s not a big deal and they are divided into TV and movies, but I don’t really think that counts as organized.  And the movies are beside their sequels, but it’s not like they’re REALLY organized.  I mean, there’s no reason to go all crazy with the unorganized thing.

In college I worked as a grader for the calculus classes so I had to alphabetize all the tests and quizzes so I could input the grades and alphabetize the folders that we stuck the stuff in to hand back their work.  I had to alphabetize A LOT; we’re talking hundreds of kids multiple times a week.  Apparently, one of my friends didn’t know this was my job so whenever someone asked what I did last night and I said “Alphabetizing” he thought I was going frantically around my house looking for things to organize and possibly messing things up just so I could put them back.  This makes me worry about the impression I make on other people. 

Another thing that my boyfriend at least seems to think is OCD is that I eat M&M’s by color.  I don’t see a problem with this.  Obviously they should be eaten:
  1.  Blue
  2. Brown
  3. Red
  4. Green
  5. Orange
  6. Yellow
When I first made the order it had something to do with minimizing the chances your mouth would be funny colors after eating them, but my boyfriend kept trying to argue why my choices didn't make sense with the reason I gave, so now there's no reason.  It's just because I say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment